about the role
Contract Senior Developer - FIX
Client Location: Central London
2 days per week in the office & 3 days working from home
Rate: Up to £750p/d
Cititec has collaborated with a global multi-billion commodity trading company that is urgently looking for a Senior Developer to join their team in London.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Being a key, hands-on, and active developer within the IT Development team, contributing significant elements to strategic system changes and builds. Initially focusing on functionality in the Order Management and Trade Execution space.
- Collaborating with other team members (+ Business Analysts and Project Managers) that are working in the Projects, BAU, Support & Regulatory spaces to ensure work is coordinated with the wider technical activity.
- In the context of the above, interacting directly with Business User/Stakeholders to discuss requirements and find solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in developing applications in .NET (C#, WCF) - service layer experience is key.
- Significant experience working with the FIX protocol, ideally in the context of electronic exchange trade executions and related monitoring and STP.
- Significant relational database development experience (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Significant Front Office & Trade STP-orientated experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of commodity markets will be highly beneficial - specifically Energy and/or Base Metals.