about the role
Linux Infrastructure support engineer
6 month contact (Inside IR35 - Umbrella company model)
My financial services client are currently looking to hire a linux infrastructure support engineer for an initial 6 month contracting period. The role will involve providing primary and secondary day to day infrastructure support for designated applications, their server environments and their database environments. You will work as part of a shift to provide 24/7 support with a combination 0f support and on-call hours. The clients IT infrastructure is key for delivering stable and high quality solutions for their business
- Specifying, configuring and implementing the designated application(s) environments.
- Day-to-day support of the designated application(s) production, UAT and development environments in a structured manner, to agreed procedures.
- Define standards for the designated application(s), their platforms and database environments.
- Providing technical support to development & infrastructure projects.
- Providing support on a rota basis and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Maintaining full documentation of systems, fault resolutions and incident investigations.
- Testing of new software releases, patches and upgrades.
- Expert in Linux
- Experienced with using RedHat
- Redhat qualifications is a nice to have
- Experience in any of the following would be advantageous:
- Oracle Database 12x Enterprise Edition administration
- Oracle Replication (Golden Gate/DataGuard)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)