about the role
Python Developer - Fintech - £120k - London
Cititec are working with one of the most successful Fintech startups in the UK who spun off from a major Hedge Fund 3 years ago. They specialise in building integrated front to back-office services for investment managers and are on the hunt for a Python Engineer to join their Core Services team. This role offers a fantastic benefits package and pays £120k per year!
You will join a well-established development team that provides technology solutions to all internal departments such as Fund Control, Middle Office, Treasury, Trading Assistants and Quants. The team is responsible for 3 key areas - Client Reporting Framework, Data Exchange and internal applications.
- Assist finance professionals in making their desktop code fit for production, adding logging, error handling and alerting to ensure it can run 24x7.
- Take existing spreadsheets and re-implement them in Python.
- Diagnose performance issues with Python code and suggest improvements.
- Advise on the best open-source Python libraries to use to address business requirements.
- Excellent Core Python skills, multi-threading
- Experience with Docker and AWS.
- Strong experience in the build process and CI, use of setup and deployment tools
- Experience in using Python in finance using Pandas, NumPy, Jupyter Notebooks.
- Experience writing robust server-side Python code that can run 24x7.
- Familiarity with MongoDB and relational databases.