about the role
We are a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our
stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an
environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise
to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want
passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing
business the right way.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated proactive individual who will be expected to work in a
dynamic changing environment.
This opportunity will provide a detailed overview of technology in our Global markets division and an
opportunity to quickly build up a broad understanding of the Global Markets sector and learn a diverse
range of banking products.
This role is a technical role within the FICE IT RTB team, focusing on technical investigations and
developments as required by the IT team and business. The focus will around Murex (3.1) and its
associated development tooling.
* Providing technical and functional support/developments for Murex and associated technologies
* Provide day-to-day support for the teams Murex, Java and CI/CD applications.
* Deal with general queries from IT and business (front to back).
* Develop and deliver minor enhancements as specified by business.
* Perform testing and validation of functionality.
* Plan and schedule work to be delivered.
* Document and update Wiki instructions for support.
* Follow and uphold QA procedures, standards and conventions.
* Perform peer reviews and actively challenge designs to provide the most optimal solutions.
* Maintain good working relationships with internal clients.
* Mentor junior members of the team, giving advice and training of various modules within the
* Provide overnight support as part of a rota.
Essential technical skills:
* Java, Groovy, shell scripting, REST APIs, XML/XLST, SQL, Excel
Bonus technical skills:
* Murex experience/knowledge is a bonus (configuration/use of APIs, or functionally)
* Experience working within a technology team in the financial sector
* Java development experience essential.
* CI/CD experience preferable.
* Excellent analytical ability
* Good communicator
* Pro-active in resolving issues prior to escalation
* Confident in dealing with other teams across different business functions
* Reliable, hardworking
* Technologically competent
* Team player
* Able to work to tight deadlines
* Pays attention to detail
* Client mindset
* Pays attention to detail
* High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
* Confident in dealing with people across different functions
* A good communicator with both verbal and written skills
* Able to navigate through a large amounts of data
* Proactive in resolving and following up issues