about the role
Our client, a multinational Financial Services company, is currently hiring a Senior C++ Developer for their office in London.
As a Senior C++ Developer, you will contribute to the development of a cutting-edge trading system, currently being rolled out in the EU, including testing to ensure it runs effectively.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Code, test, debug, implement and support smart order router tactics for the equities market
- Provide development/L3 production support along with other team members
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical solutions
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions on a timely basis.
- Post-secondary education ideally specializing in Computer Science
- Expert-level experience in C++ (a minimum of 8 years)
- Experience in the Equities Electronic Trading space (EU is essential)
- FIX protocol experience
- Unix/Windows system experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms and OO concepts
- SQL, Linux and solid experience in working with low-latency systems
Nice to have:
- Java development on an advanced level
- Hybrid working environment
- A 5-day working week and you will be required to work on-site for 3 days per week