about the role
Staff Engineer - Mobile Platform
Berlin, Germany - remote from anywhere in Europe
Our client provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service for retail brands worldwide that want to accelerate their digital transformation. Its mobile-first, modular cloud platform includes POS, order management, clienteling, inventory, and native consumer apps.
They are a fast paced, scale up who are rapidly expanding their amazing team and theyre looking for (out-of-this) world class IT development, to assist in the building of what will soon to be the most engaging mobile application and Omnichannel platform as a service in the retail sector.
They are looking for a Staff Engineer for their mobile platform division who is a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships and who inspires better ways of thinking in themselves and their team. In this role, you will define mobile technical strategy across the companys product engineering organizations and drive priorities such as creating zero-to-one new products functionalities, re-architecting their mobile app and unlocking industry-leading native performance.
Ideally your background will be:
- 15 years+ in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- 8 years in mobile development
- Solid experience React Native and Swift/Objective-C
- Experience with cloud-native and microservice-based architectures.
- Solid understanding of Cloud computing concepts, solutions and security.
- A deep understanding of TDD and BDD