about the role
We are a leading financial markets and commodities bank, driven to deliver the right outcomes for our
stakeholders, clients, counterparties and the markets in which we operate. We deliver products in an
environment which considers the appropriate needs of our clients, whilst providing guidance and expertise
to ensure our employees understand our business and uphold the highest levels of conduct. We want
passionate and talented individuals who are motivated by high growth potential being achieved in doing
business the right way.
Provide support for the banks Finance, Risk and Control systems. The candidate will be expected to:
- Investigate and resolve overnight batch issues.
- Ensure all risk data is available (by agreed SLAs) for the business to use on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintaining complex SQL stored procedures for batch processing and reporting.
- Support stable and mature C# Risk Engines and ASP.NET UI portal.
- Develop systems to meet evolving business and regulatory requirements
- Perform ad-hoc investigations/reporting on behalf of the business
- Monitor system resources and planning for growth to avoid predictable system failures
- Innovate: introduce improved processes and automation for regression testing releases, maintenance tasks, etc.
- Perform static data updates as requested by the business where there is no user front-end for data maintenance
- Identify and communicate issues and risks to users and to IT management as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Manage issues and incidents through to closure.
- Respond to user demands, prioritising problems/requests/solutions and managing customer expectations.
- Providing analysis and design of new tactical solutions
- Follow development standards and best practices
- Continue to gain knowledge around: the Banks systems; business processes; data flows; industry regulation; etc.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and systems
- Management of staff level employees
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A degree
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally Financial Services
Proven track record of:
- Software development and support.
- Business analysis.
- Supporting a large system.
- Providing solutions to users.
- Establishing a good working relationship with other IT teams.
- Problem solving.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- SQL / Relational Database (any flavour). (E)
- Including writing/maintaining complex stored procedures (1,000+ lines long).
- ASP.NET. C# (D)
- Some Java knowledge
- Good general knowledge of enterprise IT issues, including:
- Batch processing.
- Change control.
- Microsoft office applications.
- General IT skills/understanding outside the Microsoft environment. (D)